Shaquille O’Neal Has a Piece of Financial Advice for the NBA Rookies of the Upcoming Season
Many aspiring rookies are on their way to their NBA dream as the upcoming season approaches. Before the season starts, these athletes will learn different techniques and strategies from their teammates and coaches.
The retired NBA player Shaquille O’Neal has a piece of advice for them as well, financially speaking.
Shaq became Rookie of the Year in his first professional year when he was drafted by the Orlando Magic way back in 1992, and led the Orlando Magic to the 1995 NBA Finals. He played for the Magic for four years before transferring to Los Angeles Lakers.
Shaq took home three NBA championships with the Lakers in 2000, 2001, and 2002. However, Shaq and Kobe Bryant didn’t get along very well, so he joined the Miami Heat in 2004.
The seven-footer basketball legend gained his fourth NBA championship trophy in 2006 with the Miami Heat before joining the Phoenix Suns.
He only spent one and a half seasons with the Suns and was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2009. A year later, he joined the Boston Celtics before the end of his career.
All throughout his NBA journey, he was hailed the Most Valuable Player in 2000, took home three consecutive NBA Finals MVP, won four NBA Championships, fifteen NBA All-Star games with three NBA All-Star Game MVP titles, and a Rookie of the Year Award.
His other accolades include ranking 8th place as all-time in points scored, sixth in field goals, fifteenth in rebounds, and eighth in blocks.
He also landed third all-time in field goal percentage with an average of 58.2%. In 2016, he was recognized at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, as well as at the 2017 FIBA Hall of Fame.
Shaquille O’Neal Outside the Basketball Court
Aside from his achievements inside the court, Shaq made a career in music and released four rap albums. His first album Shaq Diesel went platinum. He also has another persona as DJ DIESEL and took roles in several films and television shows such as Shaq’s Big Challenge and Shaq Vs.
In addition to that, he has a podcast entitled The Big Podcast with Shaq, and he sits as the general manager of Kings Guard Gaming of the NBA 2K League.
Save for Retirement
With all the money that he’s gaining, he told the rookies that if they want to be financially successful like him, then on their first paycheck, they have to save the 75% for retirement and start to play around the remaining 25%.
He also reminded them not to be tempted pulling out even just a pinch from the 75%. He may not be around the court anymore, but these rookies could learn some good financial advice from Shaq.
More in Rich & Famous
A Man Spent MILLIONS to Transform This Ghost Town, You Won’t Believe What It Looks Like Now!
Imagine purchasing a run-down town in the middle of nowhere and transforming it into a luxury destination that shoots up in...May 27, 2020
This $20-Million Boat Stole the Show at 2019 Yacht Event for a Surprising Reason
There isn’t a single sailing enthusiast who doesn’t know of South Florida’s international boat show held in Fort Lauderdale, is there?...May 27, 2020
Do You Want to Cruise the Ocean in a Luxury Yacht? Here are Some of the Celebrity Yachts to Inspire You!
Superyachts have always been the super-rich celebrities’ favorite place for optimal privacy and solitude. Being constantly under surveillance must be...May 27, 2020
Audi is Working on Car Tech That Could Communicate with Virginia’s Roads
Looks like Audi is up to something out there in Virginia. The German automobile manufacturer is working on a new vehicle-to-infrastructure...May 27, 2020
Famous Personalities Who Spent Millions of Dollars on Expensive Yachts
Being rich and famous has its pros and cons. You get more privileges in life, but at the same time, you...May 26, 2020
Sorprendentes fotos que han marcado la historia; tendrás que mirarlas dos veces
Todo el siglo de 1900 fue una época en la que pasaron muchas cosas, pero a partir de los años 50...May 25, 2020
Li abbiamo ammirati e amati in vita: poi sono scomparsi. Ecco le ultime foto delle celebrità che ci resteranno sempre nel cuore.
Quando sono all’apice della loro carriera ci sembrano forti e immortali, eppure le celebrità sono esseri umani come noi, che soffrono...May 25, 2020
MANSÕES INCRÍVEIS DAS CELEBRIDADES MAIS RICAS DO MUNDO
As pessoas nesta lista não são pessoas que compram casas querendo apenas o essencial. Na verdade, elas querem esbanjar todo o...May 25, 2020
Celebrità Che Hanno Trasformato il Proprio Look. Rimarrete stupiti a veder quanto sono dimagrite!
Tendiamo a vedere le celebrità come divinità dello spettacolo, che possono effettivamente usare la loro ricchezza e la loro fama per...May 25, 2020